I can’t remember a time when I’ve looked back throughout one particular year and thought to myself, “Wow. This year is the one to beat.” But 2013 has been that year for me. Both from a running and personal perspective, I’ve worked hard to make some moves and it still sort of blows my mind that it all happened in the past 12 months.
– Participated in my first relay which went through all of the New England states (NE Relay) with an absolutely awesome team of individuals.
– Set a new PR for my half marathon (Boston’s Run to Remember).
– Trained for and completed my first marathon (!!!) in Washington DC (Marine Corps Marathon).
– Studied for and completed the GMAT exam for graduate school applications (that is an accomplishment in itself – so glad that’s over).
– Began to pursue my MBA degree at Babson College.
– Moved into a new role at work.
– Vacationed in Paris (first European trip).
– Visited Seattle on my birthday (ok – for work, but I was so happy to finally see this city!).
– Made many new friends.
– Started this fabulous little blog!
As for 2014 resolutions, I think that people should do what’s best for them when it’s best for them. Don’t wait to start a healthier lifestyle or be more responsible with your money etc. etc. until the New Year, start it at that moment because you should. However, I do think the New Year encourages reflection and maybe discovering some previously unnoticed changes that should be made. With that, I am resolution-less!
I’m so thankful for those that have supported me and been there for me throughout all of my 2013 endeavors, it was a lot of hard work and I’m incredibly grateful. It’s been one fantastic year and I can’t wait to see what 2014 has in store!
What are some of your greatest accomplishments in 2013? Let’s see some humble brags!